March 25, 2011

Odd Job Fun!

I'm starting with these few items first as I have a lot of other listings in the works.  This blog is all about finding fun stuff to do for extra spending money, so here's one of the things that I love to do!!


etch a sketch


Meat Cake!

alien

rocket (actual cake)



rice crispie alien

5 year old presents


Lego Indiana Jones with WII remotes

I started with this Lego one for my son and then moved on from there.  Several of my friends started requesting cakes for their kids and I have been having a blast with it since then.  I framed my first $20 bill instead of spending it.  Even gave my kitchen a bakery name (patent pending!)  SO, this is my first odd job listing.  This is something I love doing.  From my friends, I don't like taking money, but, they threw it at me, so, I'm not complaining!  It's a little "me" money! 
When you find something that you love and then you can make some "cha-ching" off of it - start marketing yourself!  I went to MAMAPEDIA and listed myself locally as a cake maker!  Haven't received any calls off of it yet, but, you never know!  I know word of mouth is a big deal - it's how my next Odd Job listing got me a position that I hope to keep for years to come!  The 5 year old birthday presents cakes got me an instant order from the party.  I especially loved that the woman requested my chocolate cake (my new favorite homemade recipe)
Hey!  If you live near central LONG ISLAND or know someone who does and want a specialty cake,  you can let me know right here and we'll get in touch.  I have tons of ideas and cake forms and time.  Give me a chance and I'll give you a memory.
Happy Friday Everyone and thanks for reading!

7 comments:

It's Sew You! llc said...

My favorite is your "etch-a-sketch" cake. I thoroughly love your passion and you are so correct when you say, "When you find something that you love and then you can make some "cha-ching" off of it - start marketing yourself!"

Best wishes to you and may you have a very successful year! ..... Nancy

Pam Allen said...

I also LOVE the etch a sketch cake. Wonderful cakes!!!

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Love your work, love the LGM's! What a neat concept, Odd Job Mama! And thanks for the visit to Lighten Up! :)

Amanda said...

Your cakes are cute. I make all my kids cakes for their birthdays since they have food allergies. New follower from the hop.
http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Great job, I love it! Lego star wars is my sons favorite!

I am stopping by and following from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! www.mooseandtater.com

Cher said...

Wow awesome!

Also, following you now on google friend connect!

Stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party 2011!
Hope you’ll visit my party: http://momandmore.com/2011/04/2011-ultimate-blog-party-welcome-to-mom-and-more.html

Mandi said...

Oh wow, a cake-maker, too?!!? So cool! I absolutely love the Etch-a-Sketch cake! I can barely make a regular cake with plain frosting.

BTW, I awarded you with the 'Blog on Fire' award. Click link to go check it out!!

http://smileandmamawithme.blogspot.com/2011/07/do-you-smell-smoke.html

Post a Comment

 
Content © Wendie. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design Studio
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.